MVM presents Most Improved Business and Business Decorating Awards
Missouri Valley Marketing held the 2nd Annual Community Cleanup in conjunction with Patrick Plantenberg's Annual School Cleanup on May 19, 2018. The joint cleanup projects were very successful with over 40 volunteers helping to cleanup the school, pick up trash left curbside and assist community members with their cleanup projects.
In addition to the Community Cleanup Day MVM also held a Business Decorating Contest and a Most Improved Business Property Award. The Most Improved Business Property Award was particularly difficult because so many businesses have improved their properties over the last year. This year the award recipients are:
Most Improved Business Property:
This year there was a tie for the Most Improved Business Property. MVM awarded both the Creative Closet and Townsend Tire the $100.00 award. Last year Shirley Wilson of the Creative Closet made a significant investment in Townsend by painting her buildings on Broadway. Since acquiring their building on Front Street, Townsend Tire has made tremendous progress in tidying up the property and making an investement in the Townsend Community.
Congratulations to both award winners
Honorable Mention for their investments in Townsend:
- Steve Visocan and Pam Sample for improving the Artisans on Broadway and Bulldog Pups Daycare buildings
- The Train Station for paving their parking area
- The Copy Cup for painting the buiding and sign; regraveling the parking area
- TK's Garage for the ongoing work at the garage he has opened on Broadway
- Broadwater Tack and Gifts for opening on Front Street
- Canyon Ferry Brewing for the demolition of the old Corner Bar building and the ongoing contstruction of the new Brewery
- Baldy Mountain auto parts for occupying the old Mercantile building
- Jeannie Steele and the ongoing renovation of her building on Broadway
- Dollar General for bringing a new business to Townsend
- Artisans On Broadway (Pam Sample) and Bulldog Pups DayCare (Jennifer Olinger) for planting flowers in front of their businesses.
Business Decorating Award:
This year 2 businesses won Business Decorating Awards:
1st Place: Missouri River Traders on Broadway. Missouri River Traders has been a great Townsend Community member and has been active in promoting the Community Cleanup Day, the Broadwater County-Wide Yard Sale, the Historic Canton Church, Second Fridays and numerous other community events.
2nd Place: Broadwater Blooms in the Professional Building on Broadway. Broadwater Blooms has also been a great Townsend Community member and has actively participated in the Second Friday events, as well as helping to promote Community events like the Community Cleanup Day, the Broadwater County-Wide Yard Sale and the Historic Canton Church.