MVM - 2018 in Review
Submitted by vsample on Tue, 2018-12-11 09:57
2017 was our first year of activity in the community. We did a lot that first year - but that was just a warmup!
This is a summary of the MVM activity in 2018:
- This year we organized the Community Cleanup in May. Last year we had 17 volunteers. This year we had almost 40 volunteers.
- In June we organized the 2nd Annual County Wide Yard sale with over 50 yard sales. We brought in people from Helena, Butte, Bozeman and Livingston - despite having horrendous weather. Many of participants said they did very well and were very happy with the event.
- We also assisted Bob Saxby with marketing the ATV run and I think we definitely helped double the attendance at the event.
- In August we did the indoor flea market with over 20 vendors participating.
- In September we hosted the Southwest Montana Marketing meeting. The event was very successfull and I think we showed SWMM that Townsend is interested and active in SWMM and perhaps that will lead to getting money from SWM.
- We also helped in the organizing and marketing of the Patriots' Day event. Many of the MVM family also volunteered to help at the event.
- We helped the Education Foundation promote their fundraiser for the Foundation by promoting their Cats/Griz game raffle.
- We were a Gold sponsor for the Rotary Fall Fest AND we had a booth at Fall Fest promoting the local businesses.
- At the end of October we held our 2nd Annual Zombie run. We had a lot of community members volunteering to help. The event brought in participants from Helena, Ennis, Bozeman, Missoula and even from as far away as Spokane. We were able to contribute $200 dollars to the Food Pantry ($400 with the Town Pump matching funds program).
- We offered to provide "Santa's Workshop" for the Christmas Stroll. MVM decorated the gazebo, provided Santa as well as free hot chocolate and s'mores during the Christmas Stroll with Rotary donating canvas panels, heaters and a table for the hot chocolate. Pat Plantenberg also provided a PA system so we could play Christmas Music.
- We are in the process of partnering with Rotary in the Adopt A Family program. MVM will sponsor adopting 2 families through the generosity of our members.
- We are also starting to explore ways to increase the services we provide our Senior Citizens and ways for the Seniors to participate more fully in the community. Nichole, Pam and Ross are going to speak to the seniors and get their thoughts during the Rotary/Lions Seniors dinner and Light Tour.
I am very proud to be associated with such a dynamic and active group of people!