The Missouri Valley Marketing Zombie Run/Walk/Crawl is a 3K course through Townsend. Each person will have a role:
- Living Participant
At the beginning of the Run each Living person will be given 4 flags. The Living People will be given a headstart over the zombies. When the zombies are set free they will chase the Living people attempting to catch them by grabbing a flag. When all 4 flags are gone the runner is out of the RUN -- UNLESS they purchase more flags from a Zombie Run referee ($1.00).
Zombies must be made up to look like zombies!
Along the course there will be Zombie Safe Zones where a Living runner can escape zombies -- or just catch a breath.
OH -- But Beware: hidden along the route will be zombies waiting to catch an unwary runner!
The Referees will be along the route to ensure that all participants are abiding by the Zombie Run Rules (see below)
The Zombie Run course will pass by all of the local cafe/bars and all of the local bars will be Zombie Safe Zones where Living runners and Zombies can all relax and enjoy the cafe/bar speciality Zombie drink (with or without alcohol).
Runners will have 2 hours to complete the Run (to allow time in the Zombie Safe Zones).
After the Run has been completed Participants in the run will have the opportunity to vote on the best Zombie drinks available in the Zombie Safe Zones!
There will be awards for the Best Zombie Makeup/Constumes (adults and children). In addition, there will be raffles and games during the after party at one of the Zombie Safe Zones (one of the cafe/bars).
There will be awards for:
- Most Flags Captured by a Zombie
- Fastest Living Adult and Child Living Runners
- Best Zombie Costume
The Registration Fee for the Zombie Run is $15.00 per person for Early Registration (before October 17, 2017) . After that the registration will be $20.00 per person.
Zombie Run T-Shirts and Beanies ($10 each) can be ordered during the Online Registration process or can be purchased at the registration table on the day of the Zombie Run.
For those that would like to buy a T-Shirt, Beanie or Sticker but NOT participate in the Zombie Run:
- The merchandise will be sold at the registration table on the day of the race
- After the Zombie Run the merchandise will be sold at Artisans On Broadway in Townsend.
To see the Zombie Run Route click on Route
To see the Timeline of Events on the Day of the Run click on TimeLine
Zombie Run Rules
- All participants in the Run will respect EVERYONE else in the Run and all property along the Run
- While alcohol will be available in the Zombie Safe Cafe/Bars - no alcohol will be allowed on the run outside of the bars
- Zombies will be attempting to catch runners by grabbing their flags -- NO Inappropriate touching will be allowed!
- Only one flag can be taken from each victim at a time.
- Each Living Runner can have only 4 flags at a time.
- Living Runners and Zombies alike will remain on the offical Zombie Run Course.
- The Referees will be enforcing the rules -- violaters will be eliminated from the Run
- All Children under 14 must be accompanied by an Adult
- All Registrations are final - no refunds
- Most importantly, EVERYONE must have FUN!!!
Credit Card Processing Information
The Online Credit Card processing requires the use of Java Script. Ensure that your browser has java script enabled.
At this time, the Mozilla Fire Fox implementation of Java Script does not support the features required by our credit card processing service. If you are using Fire Fox, the credit card process may hang. The following browsers do support the Java Script features:
- Microsoft Edge
- Internet Explorer
If you are using Fire Fox, please consider using another browser to submit a Registration.
Note: Missouri Valley Marketing does NOT keep your credit card information on file. The credit card processing goes straight to our credit card processor over an SSL secure line.
Missouri Valley Marketing would like everyone to pre-register by filling in the form below. By giving us your contact information we can keep you up-to-date on the Zombie Run Activities and by specifying your T-Shirt Size we can ensure we have enough tee shirts for all participants.